Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Biokleen Bio-mistake















There is more disappointing news for those of us who use natural products.  I loved my Biokleen products.  I believe I even did a post about them two years ago when this blog was still new.  I'm sorry to post that I can no longer use their products because of a change in formula.


I used their products because their ingredients were all natural.  Their clever use of oils and enzymes got my dishes and clothes clean without the use of harsh chemicals and synthetic ingredients.  They now put SLS (Sodium Laurel Sulfate) in their dish and laundry detergents.  The people who used to buy their products to avoid this nasty stuff will hopefully stop buying Biokleen products before they become ill from it.

I truly wish that Biokleen would honor the very thing that drove consumers to them.  When I called and asked why they would do this, they said they felt that in order to "keep up with modern technology" and to "make their product more effective" that it was time to "update" their formula since they haven't updated their formula in years.  I asked if there was any pressure or force to do this and I was told that there was not (not that they would tell me if there was).  It still makes little sense to me that while so many companies that sell to health food stores are taking SLS out of their products they decided that it was time to put it in.  I will truly miss what biokleen was.  

If you are a Biokleen customer, be sure to check your Biokleen products to make sure it is the old formula and not the new one; especially if you use it to avoid the junk that they now add to their products.

No comments:

Post a Comment