Sunday, November 4, 2012

Sorrel

I loooooove sorrel!  It's very popular in Jamaica.  My auntie used to make it at Christmas; if I remember correctly (I can't remember the last time I've had her sorrel).  I remember the first time I tried it, I was so afraid that I was going to finish the entire gallon that my auntie made (she didn't add rum to that batch, but I've tried sorrel both with and without rum and it was ALWAYS delicious!).  Thank goodness, she had another gallon stored away because I actually ended up finishing almost three pints of the one that was sitting before me!

I wanted to post a video that gives a sorrel recipe because it is such great stuff (it's both tasty and healthy).  What I liked about this video in particular was the ingredients that this couple added.  They added some of the herbs that we talked about last month that are nutritional, medicinal and aid disease prevention.  I like the presentation and I liked the presenters as well.  I've never come across any of this couple's other videos, but I think they are just too adorable!  They don't sound like they are from Jamaica; at least not in any part of Jamaica that I've been to, yet it wouldn't tremendously surprise me if they were Jamaican.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy the video and the charming presenters!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment