Monday, November 26, 2012

Hope on Turkey Day

To be clear, I'm calling it "turkey day" to be festive; but I do understand why we celebrate Thanksgiving day.  I also understand that America's liberty is currently being challenged (to say the least).  I still refuse to let go of hope.

All the good, bad and frustrating stuff that we are all going through right now is all for a purpose.  I believe that with all of my heart or I wouldn't still be living in America.  I've been given opportunities to leave the country and reluctantly turned it down.  Don't get me wrong, it was tempting to go and a part of me wonders if I should still look for another back door in case more liberties are challenged in this "Obama-nation" that is currently America, but I'm choosing to make peace with my choice to stay.  I just chose to place more faith in the God that I know and pray to.  I dare to believe that this country's situation will be healed and that we will ALL be free again; not just those of us who choose not to see our liberty under fire, but ALL Americans.  I want to declare my gratitude for everything and everyone who fed that hope and encouraged me to keep going.

I've been very sad about the recent battles that were lost to corporatism, but a few lost battles doesn't determine who won the war.  The number of enlightened and tired American citizens are increasing.  My hope is that soon those numbers will overwhelm the sick people who aren't looking out for global best interest but instead have selfish interest in money and power.  History tells me that no matter how many years it may take, such people always lose in the end and so I will dare to believe that it is so in this case as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment