Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Mourning The Loss Of Liberty

It's very frightening to see what is happening to the US.  I miss the days when I could care less who was elected.  This one year when it was so important to elect ANYONE but the one man who doesn't have this country's best interest at heart, the very man was elected.

Are we so addicted to the things that are anything but good for us that we are willing to sabotage the whole nation to get it?  Are we so desperate for Obamaphones and Obamacare that we don't care about the people who pay for it even thought they don't need it or use it?  I'm scared to death of what Obamacare could mean for the people who don't want to vaccinate their babies.  I'm scared for our school aged children, I'm scared for the financial state of this country and I'm scared that a majority of this country will blindly choose for corporatism to take over as it has been slowly.  I'm scared what that could mean for those of us who are fighting it with everything that we have only too see it come to fruition.

I truly hope that the next four years aren't as bad as I'm imagining, but I already know that it's going to be some ride and I'm not looking forward to it.

A friend of mine shared this quote on fb today:


"Do not blame Caesar, blame the people of Rome who have so enthusiastically acclaimed and adored him and rejoiced in their loss of freedom and danced in his path and given him triumphal processions.... Blame the people who hail him when he speaks in the Forum of the “new wonderful good society” which shall now be Rome’s--interpreted to mean 'more money, more ease, more security, and more living fatly at the expense of the industrious.'"

~Marcus Tullius Cicero



No comments:

Post a Comment