Monday, October 22, 2012

Turmeric Milk

I recently heard about turmeric milk which sounded pretty amazing, so I had to look into it more.  I feel like I hit gold in more ways than one when I found this video.

One area I disagree with Dr. Arjan is one of the milk options.  Silk brand soy milk, is NOT recommended by any doctor (whether ND or chiropractor) that has treated me.  Even if soy was a food that they felt was great, however, the Silk brand's integrity is in question now that they have contributed $253,000 in a "no to 37" campaign (in efforts to stop GMO labeling).

I would probably just make walnut milk (which is soooo easy to make) or stick with almond, hemp or oat milk if you want to keep things vegan.  If you insist on soy, however, there are TONS of other brands that are in the business for the sake of your health.  Let's make efforts to support them.


2 comments:

  1. Thank you for posting this. My dad awhile back did purchase soy milk made by Silk. i will be sure to tell him about this. Before we try anything, you will be the person we will ask first to get the ok.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I'm happy to inform! Yeah, for some reason Silk is siding with Monsanto which is disappointing, mysterious and scary. I'm sure going to stay away from them for now.

    Thank you so, so much for supporting this cause, my friend! Not only are you doing America a service, but your body as well. If Silk supports Monsanto's secrecy, who knows what they put in their products!

    ReplyDelete