Thursday, October 11, 2012

Cosmetic Stuff

Cosmetics; the one thing that many women can't live without.  From experience, I know how hard it was to give certain cosmetics up myself.  The thing that motivated me was the knowledge that I was putting some pretty toxic stuff on my skin and my body was absorbing it.  The problem with "all natural" products and "green" products is that you still have to read labels.  The "all natural" and "green" labels are often to target a group of people, NOT to make the world a better place.

As much as I enjoyed this video, there are some parts of it that I actually disagreed with.  I disagree that we should depend on government to fix this.  Government agencies and programs can be used as puppets for corporate monsters and they often are.  The FDA, for example, is doing more harm than good; for example, there is the the draft guidance programs, the laws against raw milk and there are farmers who were forced to slaughter their livestock for the silliest reasons.  The free market is really the way to go.  If there are companies that create a certification process, they will compete for business.  We need to stop depending on government for everything.


No comments:

Post a Comment