Monday, October 15, 2012

Healing Herbs

I was curious about candida fighting *herbs*  so I did a little research and boy was I surprised at what I found!  I almost ventured to look further but the article that I found (click the *herbs* link to find the article), it wasn't an eye opener as much as it was a reminder!

I used to take a yeast fighting herb a few years ago.  Most of the ingredients I've forgotten, but the one that I remember was goldenseal.  All along I had a yeast fighting herb in my fridge and I didn't even remember enough to know about it.  Garlic, at first, was another surprise until I remembered that a girlfriend of mine actually used garlic to fight a vaginal yeast infection.  Now, I don't recommend this if you've never tried this before.  She said that there was a certain way that you had to wrap the garlic in cotton.  She is apparently a very skilled woman, but I would have to be pretty desperate to give something like this a shot.  The bottom line is, she healed herself.  Garlic saved her skin... in more ways than one!  Black Walnut was another herb on the list.  One of my health providers gave me black walnut when I had an attack this past summer.  Tea tree oil was also suggested.  It is an antibacterial, antiviral and anti-fungal compound that I knew about already; but like the other mentioned herbs, I've forgotten about it until now.

I have a supplement called triguard that has goldenseal and tea tree oil.  I can also put more garlic in my foods (but I would suggest to balance it with parsley, milk, cardamom, fennel, lemon or cloves to tone down the smell of the garlic on your breath and skin).  There are so many ways to defeat candida.  So if you're infected, I understand you're frustration, but be encouraged, because you CAN get well!

No comments:

Post a Comment