Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Health Freedom Please!

I can understand why people feel that Obamacare is a good thing.  I understand how it could seem like a good thing to stay in a hospital for $12 per night as opposed to the great expense that we must pay right now.  I understand that some people like it because everyone must pay for their own health insurance.  Please understand; I get this. What I feel that many people don't get is the bigger picture.

Clinics and small businesses have shut down because they couldn't be Obamacare compliant.  People don't have the option of not carrying health care even when they pay most of their health care out of pocket like I do.  How do people not understand that it is not freedom when we MUST buy insurance even when we don't need it?  Yes, I understand the argument about car insurance.  If I have a car then I MUST have insurance; but that's IF I own a car!  There is no opting out of health insurance as long as your body has lungs that are breathing.

I'm sorry, but Obamacare is a scary, scary story.  We shouldn't have to purchase anything, especially when unemployment rates are so high.

No comments:

Post a Comment