Friday, October 12, 2012

Cayenne Pepper

My hubby insists that his heritage has something to do with his ability to stay healthy, but I feel that it is something else.  He loves, loves, loves spicy foods.  The hotter the meal, the better.  Whenever the Whole Foods deli workers ask him how spicy he would like for his burritos to be, I usually tell them that when his sandwich burns a hole through the counter they are getting close.  It makes me happy that he enjoys it so much because it is SUCH a fabulous immune booster.

The article below gives some additional insight about the healing power of cayenne pepper.  I didn't realize how powerful it actually is.  Cancer cells hate it, it cleared up a bad ear infection that I had years ago and it also could have a hand in preventing heart disease.

I've always found myself sneezing constantly when I make my hubby's food because the spices that I put on it often include cayenne pepper.  I try to have some on occasion, but unfortunately my mouth doesn't really enjoy being on fire.  For those of you who do enjoy it, have seconds; it's good stuff!

The amazing healing powers of cayenne pepper (capsicum)

No comments:

Post a Comment