Friday, October 12, 2012

Healing Foods

"Let food be your medicine and medicine be your food" is one of my favorite Hippocrates quotes.  It's not a wonder why I feel far from illness when I eat real food and sick when I do otherwise.  Recently, my doctor and acupuncturist have both been working on my digestive issues and I've seen incredible improvement.  I take a few herbal supplements for some other things, but ultimately the medicine that I'm taking for my digestive tract is food.

I've temporarily eliminated foods that are more difficult to digest.  The one thing that has been a real blessing to me are all the cultured veggies that I've made and eaten.  I don't know what I would do without them.  I'm working on creating other snacks and treats that will sustain me until all of this is over.  I'm looking forward to sharing.

No comments:

Post a Comment