Thursday, August 25, 2011

Response to a Comment

Anonymous said...
 "I have been eating more organic foods in the past few years than I ever been my whole life. I don't mind paying a little more for some organic foods because they taste much better and are usually better for me (this is because the human/animal body are made to tolerate, digest, and absorb organic foods). Having said that, some things I can't afford or is not easily found. And to be honest, some products I don't want to let go of (i.e. fast food burgers)."

Thanks for your comment my friend!

I agree with everything that you said and the one part I disagree with (not wanting to let go of fast food) I would be lying if I said didn't PERFECTLY understand. It took me a very, very, VERY long time (as in many, many years) to stop eating Pizza Hut for example! I was addicted; I mean literally physically addicted to Pizza Hut pan pizzas. When I think about how much I loved Pizza Hut, I can't believe my strong aversion to that stuff now!

My journey toward giving up Pizza Hut started when I ate pizza in Italy. From the first bite of an authentic Italian margarita; my taste for ALL American pizzas became a distant memory. It was horrible living here when the pizzas that I craved were a 16hr flight away. Then one wonderful day, I learned how to make pizza myself. I haven't touched Pizza Hut since because my pizza is so much better. My pizza isn't better because I'm this great chef, but because I make it the way I want it.

If you learn to make burgers at home, not only do you get it the way you want it (for example, I like burgers with more meat and more extras like onions, monster chunks of tomato and lost of watercress for example) but you know what is on it and you could use organic or home grown veggies as well! ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment