Tuesday, August 9, 2011

How the Videos Helped Me

The videos on the autism diet gave me so much more information on how to achieve a vibrant and healthy body than I thought it would.

For one thing, I've had digestive issues for most of my adult life and I didn't even think about the possibility of inflammation in the intestines.  I've had candida several times in my young adulthood.  I don't remember the last time I had an attack, but it had to be a few years ago.  It is now occurring to me that the many problems that I had with digestion could have all been due to inflammation.  I'll never know if this guess is correct, but the one thing that is obvious is that my digestive system needed to heal.  Just recently my doctor was giving me enzymes to help me digest food better for example.  The enzymes helped, but her goal was for me to take that supplement until my body could produce enough of the enzymes on its own.  Milk has enzymes that are destroyed during pasteurization which is perhaps the reason I couldn't drink pasteurized milk.  I've been able to drink raw milk without a problem though.

If the goal of the B.E.D. (body ecology diet) is to repair the digestive system, then this is what I've been waiting for.  I've started eating a variety of foods rich in probiotics and I already see a difference.  I'm looking forward to when my veggies are finished fermenting so that I can eat even more.  I'm also going to make another batch of kombucha too.  I'll be sure to share about how all of this goes!


No comments:

Post a Comment