Monday, August 8, 2011

Fermenting Foods

It is very simple to ferment vegetables as you've seen in the last video.  It's also convenient because you take the time to wash and chop vegetables just once and then you have jarred food that can last from 6 months to a year.

Last Saturday I spent several hours washing, chopping, mixing and preparing vegetables for fermentation.  I prepared a little more than a pint shy of three gallons.  I'm so excited because this will last me for a few weeks at least.  With my vegetables already prepared (and since starch is off the menu for a while), I just need to worry about preparing the protein aspect of our meals which doesn't usually take me very long.  Therefore making dinner will be very easy for the next few weeks and I'm happy about that too!

I'm looking forward to the meals and salads to be made by my fermented veggies.  I will share any new recipes that I create. 

No comments:

Post a Comment