Saturday, August 27, 2011

Be Well My Children!

I want to urge parents to not be so quick to fill prescriptions for psychotropic drugs for their kids.  There could be a variety of things going wrong in their bodies and minds that are not being addressed; the drugs won't help these issues.  By giving them the drugs you are giving into an insanity that is being created and not fixed in the US. 

I left counseling for a number of reasons.  It has been very difficult to find work in the field of counseling, however, I may have left eventually anyway.  If I didn't, I would eventually be miserable only because I wouldn't feel as though I would be making any real contributions to education especially if I ever felt that I had to give into the politics behind producing unhealthy minds.  I would be helping my students sometimes, but not in a way that is powerful or permanent.  I'm currently working on making myself into a better leader, teacher and counselor for the sake of the students that I will be responsible for in the future.

I look forward to the day when I can apply everything that I know now about brain function, health and the insanity that the world of psychiatry is trying to impose on our children.  Drugs aren't the way to help our children.  There are healing modalities that are far, far more powerful and effective.  There are diets like the autism diet, the body ecology diet and detoxifying diets; and therapies like acupuncture, neurolink and neurofeedback training; and many more avenues that will lead our kids to become healthy, vibrant, learning machines!

I'm not urging anyone to be defiant, but proactive.  There are so many ways to help your child to heal.  Consider those avenues before you are advised or pushed into making your child more "manageable" by use of drugs.

3 comments:

  1. I agree with you completely. The psychotropic drug doesn't get to the root of the problem. It really isn't even a temporary "fix". I have been an educator for 20+ years now. An alternative I've found useful in the classroom is the use of Brain Gym. It's a tremendous help with students that have difficulty focusing and learning. Parents can use it with their children at home too. As a matter of fact, I even use it for myself when taking grad level classes. After a long day at work, when I'm completely exhausted, it helps me focus and remain on task.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for both the comment and the tip about Brain Gym Dani!

    There are so many alternatives that I obviously haven't even heard about like Brian Gym. I love it! It fires me up to hear about all these different avenues that one can take to achieve obtaining a healthy body/mind without drugs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. From the little that I've learned about Brain Gym just now, I've realized that I have actually seen a teacher use the technique. I didn't know the name of the technique at the time, but I thought that it was interesting. I'd like to mention that this same teacher happened to be one of the more successful teachers that I've had the pleasure to work with.

    I will eagerly explore this technique further. Please feel free to teach us what you know about it in the Healthy Minds forum or the Guest Post forum on the Whole Health Destinations page. I will be happy to re-post your information here on the homepage. If you have a website, be sure to be complete in giving me the information about it so that I can help others find you easily.

    Thanks again for this inspiring information!

    ReplyDelete