Saturday, March 19, 2011

Organic Gardening

I openly admit that I have a lot to learn about gardening.  My parents and my mother in law are all trying to teach me.

We purchased our sweet comfortable house about a year ago.  I have a beautiful apple tree in my back yard that the birds got to before I did.  I don't have a lawn because the weeds are in power.  I have this wonderful backyard with many possibilities, but I've done nothing to tend to it because I don't know how.  When I saw it first, I liked the fact that it was big and plain because it was a blank canvas waiting for an artist.  The artist in me can see many wonderful possibilities, but I've just been too intimidated to go out and do anything.  I fear the question about whether I have a green or black thumb.

I'm reading about organic gardening to excite the dreamer in myself that envisions fruit trees and vegetable and herb gardens.  It is more cost effective to grow your own food, but there is work to do and skills to attain.

Please check out the Organic Gardening forum on the Whole Health Destinations page and share what you know.  I will note my progress in this forum as I hope to get advice.  Thank you for reading, and as always comments, questions and furthermores are welcome!

Re-registration is necessary in order to use the forums.  Click here for simple step by step instructions on how to re-register and use the forums.

No comments:

Post a Comment