Monday, March 28, 2011

Decreasing Toxicity: Cosmetics

Yes, even common cosmetics contain toxins like paraben.  I understand that you are putting most cosmetics on your skin and not in your body, however, let us not forget that the skin can absorb particles that will later be found in your bloodstream.  The good news is, there are WONDERFUL cosmetics available that aren’t harsh on the body.

Unless you are so attached to a line of cosmetics, I would assume that this should probably be an easy part of your decrease in toxicity project.  Switching out makeup may be a very short search (at least I hope it is).  Perfume, however, I can understand may be a bit of a challenge.  I’ve used the same perfume for years after I knew it wasn’t healthy for me.  I continued to search for a long time until I finally found a natural fragrance that I liked. 

I will give more information on different lines of cosmetics that may be better choices.  In the meantime, I always value your feedback.  Please give your comments below, or if you'd like you may start a discussion in the Making Changes forum on the Whole Health Destinations page.

No comments:

Post a Comment