Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Traveling Healthy: For Vegans

Cultured vegetables last a while (if you refrigerate it).  If your veggie mix contains cabbage, kale or cucumbers then they don't even need added cultures.  This is GREAT for me, especially if I'm traveling to a place where there aren't many health food stores.  Cultured vegetables will last me my entire time away from home if I make enough.

Fruit and nuts are always fabulous to take on a trip.  The only problem with fresh fruit is that it may not last the whole trip.  Fresh fruit is great for the beginning of your travels, but consider taking dried fruit as well.  Dried fruit has different benefits from it's fresher form, of course.  In this case, the great benefit is that it will last longer; therefore it would be great for travel.  If you have a dehydrator, you could make dried fruit yourself.  My only problem with dehydrators is that I can't find any with stainless steel trays.  Most, if not all, that I've seen so far have plastic trays.  

Again, your input is more than welcome.  Any other suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment