Monday, May 2, 2011

Detox and Exercise

April's book of the month talks mainly about detox, but also mentions the importance of exercise when detoxing.  I found that a detoxification program in conjunction with exercise can boost one's health in many more ways than weight loss.  By a detox program, that isn't specific to fasting or some intense cleanse although fasting and cleansing is a GREAT supplement in a detox program.  By a detox program, I simply mean decreasing the toxicity in your environment and in your body; cleansing or fasting just helps you body rid toxins that are already there and more quickly than the detox program will by itself.

In the US, there culturally tends to be an association between health and a slender body, however, having a slender body doesn't necessarily mean that you are healthy.  I've found that when detoxification is combined with exercise a world of possibilities opens up for one's health.  I have a friend who was overweight and constantly tired.  When she got a taste of my lifestyle she started asking many questions.  Once she switched to a detox and exercise program not only did she lose a lot of weight, but she had far more energy than she had ever had.  She has never looked back since.  My husband dropped a good 30 pounds and admitted that he felt much better when he started his detox and exercise program as well.

I myself have felt more energy since I started eliminating toxic foods from my diet years ago.  It may take a while for those of you who are just starting but everyone who has done this has said the same thing; eventually, you will not desire the toxic foods.  Foods that used to tempt me no longer tempt me.  In fact, my body rejects most toxic foods that I used to love.  So take comfort; with some patience, you'll get there. 

No comments:

Post a Comment