Monday, May 9, 2011

A Greener Home

A new home can be hard on the wallet with all of the repairs and adjustments that often need to be made.  Even with all of those little issues, my husband and I love our sweet home!  As much as we love it, I still look for ways that we could make it a greener home.

My high efficiency washing machine was a start, but it's definitely not a finish.  Since we purchased the house we've been keeping an eye out for cork floors and washable rugs.  We've also discussed getting some kind of whole house filter.  So far we have a filtration system for the shower.  I wanted to be sure the filter takes out chlorine and fluoride.  We happened to find a filter that does all of that and comes with a wonderful shower head as well.

As I always keep my eyes open for ways to decrease the toxicity of my home, I also try to keep in mind that good eating habits can make my body resistant to the effects of toxins in the meantime.  None of us can completely escape the toxins of the world without abandoning life completely.  The trick is to eat well, and try to decrease toxins in your home and body as much as possible.

What are some ways you have created a greener home on a tight budget?  As always, questions, comments and furthermores are welcome!

No comments:

Post a Comment