Monday, May 2, 2011

Detox and Exercise II

I remember a scene from The Matrix when Neo spoke with the Oracle for the very first time.  "Know thyself" is one of the first of many things that she advised him.  This is good advise for anyone.

Making lifestyle changes is rarely easy.  When you make changes, you deal with friends and loved ones dealing with your new life, you deal with your old life tempting you to go back, and you deal with discomforts of all kinds.  Detoxing doesn't always feel good at first.  I admitted to having a headache last Sunday when I was detoxing.  My body was getting rid of something, but it was having a hard time letting go.  I'm well aware of the excuses that I will make so that I can stay in the comfort of what I'm used to, and I've figured out a way to go against that nature so that I can make better decisions and achieve better health.

Do you know thyself?  It is easy to make excuses that sound great in the moment when we don't want to move forward; but can you admit to yourself that that is what you are doing?  If you aren't living a healthy lifestyle, what is stopping you?  Refer to the first three steps of my decreasing toxicity program; openness, education and acceptance.  One thing that I didn't talk about enough is a desire to change.  If there is no desire to change these first three steps mean nothing.  If you want to change because your spouse, mother or child wants for you to change, for example, there is more room for resistance.  When it is you who wants to make a change the capacity for resistance decreases significantly because you have an intrinsic need to break an unhealthy cycle.

Again, what is stopping you?  As always questions comments and furthermores are always welcome!

No comments:

Post a Comment