Thursday, September 13, 2012

Old DDT Propaganda

Remember what they said about DDT?  No?  Neither did I because I wasn't born yet.  Thank goodness for the internet.  It isn't difficult to find out what was said about these deadly substances.

The following commercial was made back when everyone believed in the whole "DDT is good for meee" lie.  I used to think that DDT was a pesticide that was used on fruit and vegetable crops, but I was wrong.  It was encouraged for people to apply it EVERYWHERE!  They used it on crops, in their homes, at work on pets and everything.

This is a 14 minute presentation that was created in 1946.  It looks like some sort of infomercial; at least that's what such a long advertisement would be considered today.


1 comment:

  1. I found your site by searching for the truth about DDT. I've heard ALL about it because I was alive at the time of the propaganda. I'm including a link to an article by a well known entomologist that you may want to read.
    http://www.21stcenturysciencetech.com/articles/summ02/Carson.html

    BTW I'm an avid Ron Paul supporter. Stay well.

    ReplyDelete