Monday, September 24, 2012

Exercise For Total Health

I'm really sad that most people see exercise as a way to get thin or stay thin.  As I've mentioned before, exercise aids one's total health.  This is why so many good doctors try to persuade their patients to exercise.  Mine told me that even if I don't check into a gym, it's fine; but go running.  I started doing this about a year after he told me to, but I admit that I do feel better after I go out for a run.  I have more energy, I function better and even my low back problems fade.

I found out recently how much exercise could also help with thyroid function.  Recently, after I would go out for a run, I would come home and place a cold wash cloth over my neck (on the thyroid area).  Both the running and the cold compress stimulate thyroid function.  I usually have a most productive day after doing this routine.

I admit that I didn't go out today, but I had an unusual morning.  When I don't get around to it one day, I try to make sure that the following day I get to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment