Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Serendipitous Tea

I made another gallon of kombucha, only this time it was from black tea.  I always made it out of green tea, however, I made an error the last time that forced me to make a decision.  You see, I had just boiled the sugar water and I was ready for the tea when I realized that I didn't have anymore green tea.  So I needed to either throw that batch away, or use organic black tea (that I usually used to make sun tea for my husband).  Well, kombucha will eat black tea as well as green tea, so I decided to try something new rather than throw a perfectly good batch away.  They just finished yesterday.  The scobys were so thick and beautiful and the tea has a flavor that is more robust than the green tea.

Sometimes when you are trying new things, you have to be grateful for the mistakes.  I have some peach flavored kombucha now waiting for me and it is so delicious.  I never would have tried anything new if it wasn't for my wonderful little "whoopsie" event.  I'm now looking for other things to try like jasmine green tea!  I will post any success with it.


No comments:

Post a Comment