Sunday, May 20, 2012

Food Processor With Glass Bowl

Determined to avoid BPA poisoning, many are trading their plastic kitchen items for stainless steel, glass or wood (usually bamboo in the case of kitchen items).  That transition has been a difficult one for me, but I know in the long run, it's worth it.

Recently, I've been looking for a food processor with a glass bowl.  My blender doesn't ground sprouts very well; food processors are better designed for that.  I have searched and searched for well over a week and found NOTHING!  I asked my hubby to search because he is awesome at finding things online that I never could.  The best that he found were food processors with stainless steel bowls that cost about $1000.  Finally, I stopped looking for food processors and with little hope, I started searching for food "choppers" which have some food processor functions and they are much smaller.  I STILL had trouble finding one with a glass bowl, until I came upon the Wolfgang Puck mini chopper.  It has a plastic pitcher and a 500 ml glass bowl!  Not very many places sold them, but I found a refurbished one for a great price at overstock.com.

I'm hoping that it's a good chopper, for I just received it yesterday and never had the chance to use it yet.  I'm looking forward to making more sprouted breads and crackers so that I can perfect the recipe.  Each time I make it, I try new things and draw closer to making it exactly the way I like it.

3 comments:

  1. So...do you have a review of how it works as a food processor?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for reminding me about that. Overall, I'm very satisfied with it. I use it pretty often because there are so many things that I make from scratch.

    There were a few things that bummed me out about it, but I wouldn't exactly "complain" about these things because, again, it works really well. For one thing, there were just so many accessories that came with it that I'm never going to use and that was a bit of a bummer. Another issue is the fact that the bowl is so small that I have to chop, empty and then chop more in order to process everything.

    Again, I'm not complaining, I can give away the extra pieces to the set and there is a good side to having a small chopper. This is a really good product and I recommend it to others who are as anal about not using plastic as I am.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm also looking to get plastic out of the kitchen. It is NOT easy. And here it is 2014. Would really enjoy more posts on this subject. I wouldn't really use a small chopper like the one you bought, and still wish someone would make a food processor with a glass bowl.

    ReplyDelete