Wednesday, May 16, 2012

About May's Books

These books are wonderful!  I've used Louise L. Hay's teachings in my work doing massage, reflexology and reiki.  I've even used them to teach my middle school kids better thought patterns.  Of course, when you are trying to teach kids this stuff, you need to use completely different methods than when you teach adults this stuff.

Everything that I've learned from Hay was essential to my health.  This is how I fought depression.  It was difficult to use her teachings while I had depression, but once it was gone I had to completely change my thought patterns.  It took me years to do this.  I'm still changing old patterns.  I don't always realize that I'm thinking negatively, but when I do I work on it.

Hay is a woman who used her life experience to teach the world things that I've found to be very important.  Words can have power which is why I'm not a fan of the sarcastic humor that is so popular today.  I like to be facetious sometimes, but being playful and being mean are two different concepts.  I find that it is far more productive to encourage people.  When people feel encouraged by you, encouragement seems to boomerang back into your direction.

No comments:

Post a Comment