Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Growing Population

I've heard the arguments about the growing population and about how there isn't enough food to go around, however, I don't believe that it has to be that way. 

I believe that the problem has nothing to do with agriculture or weak crop yields. One can make an argument that can certainly make it look that way, however, as a society, our skills in sustainability are very, very weak. I too am still learning how to live more sustainably. Everyday I try to decrease the amount of stuff that I put in the trash by recycling and composting. I've learned to eat real food in a fast paced world and I've learned many other things, however, I am still learning. I commend all who grow their own food and I'm trying to head in that direction as well. 

I'm not saying that we could solve the problem overnight and I understand that there are some that will be set in their ways no matter how much it hurts them or others, however, I choose to be a part of what will heal the problem in the future nonetheless.

No comments:

Post a Comment