Thursday, January 5, 2012

Floridians Face Genetically Engineered Mosquito Threat

This disturbs me tremendously.  I love warm climates, however, Florida was never my first choice for personal reasons.  The fact that they are looking to release genetically altered mosquitoes in Florida makes me happy that I don't live there, but also makes me feel horrible for the residents.

Maybe this plan will prove effective, I don't know.  My qualms with it are 1.  Did they thoroughly test these bugs?  2.  Did Florida get to vote on this?  3.  Did the company inform residents of the risks? 

Why does the government insist on shoving their "help" down people's throats and when are they going to learn to ask if we even need their help before implementing a plan that is impossible to cancel or take back if it goes awry???

Floridians face genetically engineered mosquito threat

No comments:

Post a Comment