Wednesday, December 26, 2012

What They Don't Tell You About Naturopathy

My husband started coughing on Thursday the week before last.  Immediately, I prepared myself for the possibility that I may catch what he had.  He was in bed all of the following Saturday and Sunday; he even started to feel a little better on Monday, then last Tuesday, it was like his body just had a total collapse.  He came home early and was barely able to speak or breathe.  He tried to rely on sleep and N*ghtquil to get better, which evidently wasn't a good choice.

I actually felt like I was coming down with something by Saturday.  I took some goldenseal, put a few drops of garlic water in each nostril and gave myself what I call the "fake fever" treatment the whole night.  On Sunday I drank some more goldenseal and had no symptoms until the evening.  Not wanting to get ill, I drank more goldenseal, took more garlic water and this time I did a castor oil pack on top of the fake fever. Monday I had a little bit of a cough, some achy muscles (which was the worst symptom and yet it wasn't too bad) and I may have even had a fever.  These symptoms told me that whatever my husband had was really something quite nasty.  People don't experience achy muscles when they have a little cold.  I shouldn't have been surprised when he came home early from work last week.

I chose alternative treatments, my hubby took the mainstream route.  I'm getting over a small cough, his was so bad that for days he could hardly talk or breathe.  Obviously, naturopathy isn't the hocus-pocus nonsense that some people label it to be.  If one takes the advice of a naturopathic professional, I am confident that one would be well.  As many of you know, I defeated strep throat last year with goldenseal powder and strep was one of the few diseases that I thought wasn't treatable with naturopathy.

I am going to continue treating myself until I get over this completely, but my husband is taking mainstream prescription meds.  I want him to get well, but it's really up to him to make that choice.

2 comments:

  1. I hope both Michael & you get better soon! Chicken soup?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually, there was a wellness soup that helped, but it didn't contain chicken. I will post about that soon.

    Thanks for your good wishes!

    ReplyDelete