Monday, December 24, 2012

Influenza

I desperately miss the days when I could stand next to someone who is coughing and hacking and not feel even the slightest concern about getting sick.  Now, if my husband comes home coughing, I need to brace myself and hope for the best.  The "best" these days is usually that I don't get as sick as he gets; and this time ironically, I didn't.

Once I felt the scratchy throat hit; I drank some goldenseal powder, wrapped myself in warm clothes, blasted the heater directly on me and went to sleep.  Luckily, when I woke up my scratchy throat wasn't as scratchy; I was sniffling a little though. By the end of the week, I had a slight cough and now my voice is half gone.  Still, I wasn't nearly as sick as my husband was.  I didn't experience the pain that he was complaining about, nor did I cough as much as he.  Whatever it was that he had, it was nasty.  Thank goodness I only went through a fraction of what he did, but I just wish my body would go back to the disease fighting machine that it was not so long ago.

I urge all of you to take care of your thyroid.  I don't know if thyroid issues are the main culprit or it's just the fact that my body simply despises winter seasons as it always has but I'm sure neither issue is helpful in this matter. I need to go back to my old healthy condition.  I hope, hope, hope that my body finds its way back to that someday soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment