Monday, December 3, 2012

The Heat Wave II

I believe I saw my doctor about two days after I posted the Holly Lucille video.  By crazy coincidence, she was the second to instruct me to start using a castor oil pack.  The one thing that made me a little sad was that she suggested a heating pad because the hot water bottle wasn't going to deliver the sustained heat that was necessary.  I was way too frightened to use the electrical heating pad because of the amount of warnings that I've heard and read about heating pads, electric blankets, hair dryers and digital alarm clocks that sit by your head while you sleep.

I started doing some research on heating pads that aren't hazardous.  I asked my husband to help me research this as well so that I could find something soon and start applying the castor oil pack ASAP.  He found this Heat Wave II for twenty dollars.  You just click a silver button in the pack and VOILA! there is heat.  I actually did something wrong the first time that I used it, yet somehow it worked for my benefit.  I boiled the heat pack (which the instruction says to do to reset it), but then I used the pack right away instead of letting it cool to room temperature.  After an hour, it was the perfect temperature for use.  I wrapped it in a towel and put it over the castor oil soaked wool, and it stayed warm for hours.  This worked to my advantage because if it did get cool, I just had to flex the button which would make it warm again.

The one thing that I'm not crazy about is whatever chemical is used in this pack.  It's suppose to be sodium acetate and water (which can be made from stuff in your kitchen), but I still want to research more about it.  I'm using the heating pad anyway and I still recommend it as an alternative to those electric heating pads.  I guess there isn't such think as a perfect product, but I'm very, very happy with this one.


No comments:

Post a Comment