Sunday, December 2, 2012

Building Blood

If you're like me, you may look at the title of this post and think "What the heck is THAT suppose to mean???"  I would've thought the same thing if it weren't for my prior training in Shiatsu.

It is a saying used in TCM (traditional Chinese medicine).  Symptoms like fatigue and fibroids are considered symptoms of "weak" blood.  Acupuncturists or TCM practitioners may do things to help you "bulid the blood" which will essentially create a balance that will end in vibrant health.  My acupuncturist encourages my "building blood" because of my symptoms of fatigue.  Since I've been doing as she says down to the letter, I've been experiencing more energy.  This past week, however, the fatigue came back quite forcefully.  I just found out yesterday that I'm fighting off a few pathogens (virus, bacteria, candida overgrowth AND a parasite).  When she told me this, I was surprised that fatigue was my only symptom.  In some weird way, that tells me that I AM healthier.  So I'm going to continue building blood, but I will also increase my vegetable intake.  I've been eating mostly cultured vegetables, but I am feeling the need for much more.

Building blood isn't easy, but it is very possible when you stick with the medical protocol.  I've experienced a difference in so many ways.  I just hope that the more I build, the less likely I am to experience these pathogen invasions.

No comments:

Post a Comment