Thursday, December 13, 2012

Homeopathy Basics

I can promise you that homeopathy is different from any other tablet that you have and will ever take.  First of all, it is different because it is SO powerful.  Second, traditional medicine usually counter acts the illness, while homeopathy doesn't always do that.  Third, it is different because of the way you take it.

Homeopathy is very, very powerful; therefore with few exceptions I don't take it without the guidance of a physician.  I've taken some homeopathy without the instruction of a doctor such as Arnica.  I suffered a very small oral injury a few years ago that left a tiny bruise and slightly broken skin.  Somehow this minor injury turned into an inflamed canker sore that made my whole jaw stiff.  My doctor gave me some instructions (and herbs) to heal the sore and with it, he gave me some homeopathy for the pain.  I spoke to him again when I got home, and it turns out that the arnica that I had in my purse the whole time was even more potent treatment for the pain that what he gave me.  I've kept arnica around my house in case of pain ever since.

There are many different types of homeopathy, but only two that I've taken (usually under the advise of a physician).  The two kinds that I've taken are constitutional homeopathy and combination homeopathy.  The way I understand constitutional is it treats illness by introducing a very small amount of a natural toxic substance that creates similar symptoms.  As the body fights the toxin, it also fights off the illness with similar symptoms as well.  Two physicians suggested that most (if not all) constitutional treatments require no more than one dose.  It is actually that powerful.  I've taken constitutional homeopathy once (maybe twice) and I remember experiencing VERY immediate and profound results.  

Homeopathy can be described as unique because of the WAY that the tablets must be taken.  You NEVER touch a homeopathy tablet with your bare skin; if you do you may expect it not to work.  One must wait 15 to 30 minutes after the last time one put anything in one's mouth (the only exception is clean water) before taking it and one must wait 15 to 30 minutes after taking it before one can put anything in one's mouth.  Directions usually instruct to put the tablet under the tongue and just allow the tablet to dissolve.  It isn't an unpleasant taste either, it simply tastes like a sugar pill.

These are just some basics for those who are new to the world of homeopathy.  I'm sure that your physician gave instructions that are complete and more in depth even if I wasn't, but I thought that I'd share for those who are considering.  This way you are more informed and can ask your physician more specific questions about homeopathy.  

No comments:

Post a Comment