Thursday, December 6, 2012

Imagine a World Without Eyeglasses

I remember in high school when I realized how many kids at school wore glasses.  It was often more than half the kids that I saw walking down the hall and at times it was a majority of the kids in some of my classes.  I actually questioned this.  I've seen the sit-coms and the after school specials about the kid who didn't want to wear glasses for fear of being different.  So I wondered why that wasn't the case in MY school.  Getting glasses only made you more like everyone else.

So why were there so many kids who needed glasses?  Was it always like this throughout history?  Are there as many animals in the wild who need specticals to see where they are walking, flying, creeping, crawling, swiming or slithering?  Then why are we so different?

When I saw the following eye-opening video (so to speak), I remembered all of these questions.  I was astounded, but Dr. Mercola answered them in the way that Dr. Mercola always does; with research to back his every word!  Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment