Sunday, December 9, 2012

Embrace The Dark... No, Really!

Sleep is so, so important.  I never knew how important until recently when I started getting some sleep.  There is such a huge difference in my life when I get sleep.  When I have a good night sleep, I actually LIKE running, I want to accomplish things and I even feel happy and healthy.

What I didn't know was how important it was to sleep in total darkness at night.  I didn't realize that that was as important as getting light during the day!  How amazing that the way the world turns and the way our bodies function go together so beautifully.  This is why what is BEST for us is almost always that which was provided for us in nature.

I feel that this video is so important because we don't give sleep the regard that it deserves.  People sleep for five to six hours per night and believe that it's enough.  I didn't know that even a little light in the middle of the night can disrupt melatonin production and that this can create problems.

It's amazing how everything in nature really works together; how we need the light in the daytime as much as the dark at night.  I've learned so much from this video.  I hope you find it as enlightening.



No comments:

Post a Comment