Friday, December 7, 2012

Dr. Oz Flip Flops as High-Profile Attacks on Organic Food Intensify

My mother is the one who originally tried to get me into Dr. Oz's show.  I admit when I started watching, I really didn't like him; I mainly didn't trust him.  When I heard him give a talk on the dangers of sugar, THAT'S when I started to really listen.

I was so surprised that he was able to get away with so much on national television!  For example, he got away with warning people against GMOs, encouraging people to eat organic when possible and he even invites acupuncturists and NDs to his show to talk about another side of medicine.  NONE of this is stuff that Big Corporate likes.  I knew something eventually had to give, either he needed to take his show to PBS like all of the other brilliant doctors and scientists or he would crack under pressure and start professing the rigmarole that "they" want him to; like all the other puppets.  Sadly, it looks like he is starting to do the latter (see the article below).

Dr. Oz Flip Flops as High-Profile Attacks on Organic Food Intensify

3 comments:

  1. My question is who can we trust! I read an article in the Time magazine regarding this issue. It is very hard to be healthy when we are given wrong information. I wish there was a Dr. who can be honest & help people who are concerned about being healthy!

    Can you give me information on the benefits of Black seed (cumin) with honey. You are the one I trust with any information you provide me than when I try to get info elsewhere.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well thank you for that amazing compliment my friend! I know what you mean though, it's FRUSTRATING trying to find correct and accurate information at times. Sometimes my doctors will advise me of something and I have to go and do research on my own about what they tell me and bring the issue to the attention of ANOTHER health care provider. I can't tell you how often I've educated doctors on things about health that they don't know because I won't put up or shut up when the right information is clear as day and they are telling me something else.

    The trick is finding the more consistent resources like the ones that I've provided on the Wellness Avenues page. Another trick, believe it or not, is having the faith that the answer is out there and the stubbornness to keep looking until you find it.

    I encourage you not to stop at this page when looking for information. Compare my info with info provided by others and you may be a reader who can provide a "furthermore" in the comments. I LOVE all questions, comments and furthermores because that's part of how I learn. I have no problem being as much as a teacher on this blog as I am a student. I've learned so, so much in the last two years and I'm excited to know what I'll know two years from now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, about cumin, cumin is a curry spice and like all the other curry spices that I've researched, it has amazing health benefits. I'll be happy to research it further, but what I know about black seed in particular as of right now is that it is supposed to be good for autoimmune diseases and (like many other curry spices) it's also a cancer fighter.

    I will happily do more research and post my findings.

    ReplyDelete