Monday, December 12, 2011

My Long Absence Story (Part I)

Three weeks ago, I had a fever.  It just hit me out of nowhere, I mean, I had no other symptoms; just the fever.  There was no coughing, no sneezing, no runny nose, no sore throat and no stomach flu symptoms.  Because I was detoxing, I suspected that my body sensed a microbial invasion and the fever was an attempt to fight it off.  For days I had this fever on and off until finally, I was back to my happy self and tried to get back to my life.  About a day or so later, my ear started to bother me.  It then filled with fluid and I had a sore throat.  The last time I had an ear infection, what saved me was a homemade gargle that my doctor told me to make.  I mixed the gargle, and after gargling with it a few times, I looked at my throat.  That's when I noticed it; something that scared me out of my senses.  There were little white spots all over my left tonsil and a small white sheet on my right tonsil.  I knew that was one of the symptoms of strep and became very concerned.  I made an appointment with my doctor IMMEDIATELY, hoping the whole time that it wasn't strep.  The disease itself didn't scare me, but the thought of taking antibiotics after everything that I've done to rebuild my gut flora frightened me.  I didn't want to start ALL OVER AGAIN from square one.  If I had strep, however, I wouldn't have a choice.  As far as I knew at that point, antibiotics are absolutely necessary if one has pneumonia or strep throat.  To my relief, my doctor said that the infection was viral.  To assure me that I didn't have strep, she stressed how my throat wasn't very inflamed and reminded me that I wasn't in much pain and that I didn't even secrete very much mucus.  The only concern that I had was the white stuff on my tonsils.  The doctor told me that the white specks were just deposits on my throat from my illness; I should have asked her to specify.  At that point, "deposits" was a good enough answer for me.  That night, I started my journey toward healing from my viral infection by doing exactly what she instructed me to do.  I took the tincture that she made, the homeopathy that she gave me and did the hot bath followed by the wet sock treatment that she told me to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment