Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Rebuilding Flora

I'm taking steps to rebuild the flora in my body.  I had strep throat when I was in the second grade.  That was probably the only time I've ever really needed antibiotics, but sadly, I can't say that was the only time I had to take antibiotics.  Maybe I should say it wasn't the only time that it was prescribed; for I can't say that it was necessary to take it at any other time in my life.

Candida is one disease that kept coming back to attack and haunt me for years.  It is one of many different results of destroying the healthy flora in your body.  I don't miss those rashes AT ALL!  Besides being uncomfortable, they were also pretty gross.  It has been a few years since I've seen any on my skin.  Perhaps both cutting sugar out of my diet and trying to include as many foods rich in probiotics played a significant part in rebuilding the flora in my body.

Rebuilding my flora is a journey that I will be on for a while still.  I am very happy with the progress that I've made, however.  I challenge people to work toward rebuilding flora.  According to this month's book, there are a variety of health benefits to doing this.  You will never regret it!

No comments:

Post a Comment