Friday, July 29, 2011

Fearing the Future of Health Part II

I know the focus this month was suppose to be about raising the probiotics in our bodies.  I didn't realize, however, what is starting to look like a health emergency that our country has found itself in.

Forgive me for my passion and fearfulness, but I had a miscarriage last year.  At the time, I was unknowingly eating a lot of GMOs.  This isn't to say that all pregnant women who eat GMOs will experience the same thing.  I have no way of knowing that it was the GMOs that killed my baby and I openly admit that it could've been a number of different things.  I'm sure, however, that the GMOs didn't help; especially since some GMOs, like soy, are plastered with Roundup Ready herbicide which according to NaturalHealth365 (http://www.naturalhealth365.com/food/monsanto.html) can contribute to or lead to a number of health problems including birth defects and embryonic death.

One in four pregnancies in this county ends in miscarriage.  Isn't it way past time that someone asks why?

2 comments:

  1. I also unknowingly ate a lot of gmos while pregnant and I suspect it is the culprit behind my daughters allergies. She breaks out in hives drastically from a large variety of foods. I feel so angry that people are subjected to this with no warning of whats at stake. I fear so much for my daughter and can only pray that she will not deal with future or other unknown implications from gmos. God bless everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was taking a break when you commented my friend. Thank you so VERY much for your response. I'm sorry about your daughter's allergies. I know how frustrating it is. Please be sure to see my other posts on GMOs and the presentation on Monsanto to get more perspective on what GMOs are.

    You probably know the following information already, but I'm going to give it just in case you don't. To avoid GMOs completely may be near impossible (which is very sad), unless ALL you eat is organic food all the time which can get pricey. However, if you avoid corn, canola, soy, cotton (some foods are cooked with cotton seed oil) and sugar (unless it is cane sugar) you can be mostly safe of eating GMOs. You can still eat those foods and avoid GMO if you make sure that it is certified organic too.

    ReplyDelete