Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Soursop Ice Cream



I can't even begin to tell you how amazing this stuff is.  Oh man!  Soursop ice cream; I remember my mother made this for me when I was a kid.  It was most certainly the best bowl of ice cream that I've ever had.  I've never forgotten it.

For those who aren't familiar with soursop, it is a fruit with milky white meat inside that has this delightfully sour flavor (see image below).  There are claims that it has several medicinal benefits as well.  But I say just enjoy a large variety of good food and allow your body to enjoy the blessings of their benefits.



I found a *recipe* for a raw vegan soursop ice cream dish which sounded WONDERFUL (Click the *link* for the recipe).  I'm looking forward to trying this recipe myself when I am finished with the GAPS diet; only I've had SO much trouble finding an ice cream maker that doesn't have plastic blades.  The recipe includes instructions on how to do it without a bucket, but it may be easier with the appliance.  So while I'm on GAPS, I'll be looking for an ice cream maker, or I'll try to get the antique one that I have to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment