Thursday, June 27, 2013

Oxtail




I remember the first time I tried oxtail.  It was a most unfortunate accident to be honest.  My brother and I were so creeped out by the very thought of eating oxtail and were determined never to let it come near our lips.  One day, I came home from school hungry.  I searched the fridge for leftovers.  Happily, I found what looked like curry goat; so I heated it up with some rice and peas and dug in.  Just then, one of my parents walked in (I think it was my father, but I don't remember).  "Oh, are you enjoying the oxtail?" he said.  I stopped eating IMMEDIATELY.  To my horror, however, by then there was barely anything left on my plate but the bones of what I now realized was NOT goat.

Funny, now that goat is so unavailable (goat without GMOs anyway), I'm willing to make soup from oxtail since it is so ridiculously cheap.  Funny how time and and a change in choices can change your taste for things so drastically.  Maybe that oxtail that I ate wasn't so bad after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment