Thursday, June 6, 2013

Curry Goat


Although curry goat with rice and beans is GREAT stuff, seeing this picture frustrates me.  Not because there is anything wrong with the dish itself, but because I'm not sure when I can have some ever again.  I don't buy goat meat because of the way goats are raised in the United States.  I saw the ingredients in animal feed and it's disgusting!  Ingredients include sugar beets, corn, soy and other junk.  I've never even heard of organic goats which is REALLY sad.  I know they exist somewhere, but organic goat isn't seen very often because unless goats are raised feeding on the garbage that I've mentioned, it is WAY expensive to raise them.

The picture above, curry goat with rice and beans, was one of my favorite things in the world to eat as a young child.  I remember shoveling this stuff into my mouth by the forkful (and I when I say forkful, I mean that fork was FULL) as my father would try to slow me down so that I didn't choke on my dinner.  I still remember how much I enjoyed it.  I hope for the day that I can enjoy it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment