Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Gungo Soup



I've never actually tried gungo soup.  The first time I heard of it, it came up in a hilarious conversation that I had with my aunt.  I was sick and she was trying to cheer me up (which she did by the way).  She said that I wasn't eating the right foods and started listing all of these different Jamaican foods (and she said it in Patwah).  She was barely able to list them all because she was laughing so much.

Gungo soup was something that I never even thought to ask my family about.  I did a little research on this soup and found this *recipe*  online along with this delightful picture (click the "recipe" link to see).  This has some of my favorite stuff in it like coconut and butternut squash.  Yum, yum, yum!  I'm sad that I didn't know enough to ask about this soup.  I guess I could still always ask my mom or my aunties to show me how to make it; but I eventually want to try this recipe in particular too.

No comments:

Post a Comment