Thursday, February 20, 2014

Water Kefir Troubleshooting

Although I plan to be an expert one day on water kefir troubleshooting, I'm far from being that today.  I have kefir grains, but they look like they are ready to die.  In their lifetime, they did make me some mean ginger bugs though!  I made a soda that my husband absolutely LOVED!  I'm so happy about that, but I wish my grains would cheer up.  I'm not sure what's got them down.

I found this website on water kefir troubleshooting a few days ago.  It gave me some hints as to why my grains aren't doing so well and gave me some tips about what I can do about it.  Some of my grains seemed to wake up a bit, but they are still in ICU.  I'm hoping they love the the sugar and mineral rich environment that I prepared for them.  Then there was another site that suggested a "rest" protocol.  I'm going to try that next.

If anyone has any questions about their water kefir, the links that I've attached are both wonderful.  I hope you find the answers that you're looking for!

No comments:

Post a Comment