Friday, February 21, 2014

Gut Health by Dr. Gerald Lewis

I confess that I've never heard of Dr Gerald Lewis; however, his presentation on this video mostly expanded on what Dr. Joseph Mercola and Dr. Natasha Campbell-McBride write, talk and teach about when it comes to intestinal health.  This video talked about things that I honestly didn't know; for example, it mentioned one of many functions of the appendix.  The appendix has been disregarded as a "prehistoric" organ that we don't need anymore, like tonsils and wisdom teeth.  Well, most people can function without wisdom teeth, however, the tonsils and the appendix are in our bodies for a reason.  Recently, researchers have found that both have a purpose when it comes to immune function, but this is the first that I've heard of it's purpose in regard to the health of one's gut flora.  It's good to know.

This is at least the third time I've heard a lecturer suggest miso soup for leaky gut.  I'm so scared of soy because of all the nasty things that are done to it.  But unfortunately, soy IS food too and it plays a role in the healing of the gut.  Yogurt, I fully understand, I need to get my hands on; but I'm going to have to have more conversations with my health providers about miso soup.  I would LOVE to get my hands on some good miso soup both organic and imported.  I wouldn't dare touch any soy that was grown in the USA.


No comments:

Post a Comment