Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Golden Milk



If you've been reading my posts for a while, then you know how I feel about raw milk.  Golden milk takes things to a WHOLE new level.  This milk was not dyed, this is the way that it came out of the cows.  These were cows that were 100% grazed.  The amount of vitamins in the grass drives the nutritious levels of the milk close to superfood status.  This milk is golden because there is SO much beta carotene in it!  A healthy cow will provide healthy milk

A dairy farmer told me about this kind of milk (he isn't a farmer who produced this kind of milk though).  What I found interesting is that the processed cheese is usually dyed this golden color to resemble the highly nutrient dense cheese that comes from this kind of milk.  Golden cheeses were traditionally more "pleasing to the eye" because it resembles the delicious and super healthy cheeses that came from golden milk.

I would love to get my hands on this kind of milk to make yogurt.  The store purchased yogurt isn't good for anyone to eat, however, if you are healing leaky gut it's even worse.  I've seen yogurt that contained aspartame and other toxins.  Besides, it's not difficult to make yogurt and to make it with golden milk like this would make it that much better nutritionally!  I don't know of any farmers who provide golden milk, but until I find one, I'm keeping my eyes open for it!

No comments:

Post a Comment