Thursday, February 20, 2014

Probiotics - Digestive & Immune System Support

The one area where I don't agree with Dr. Mercola is what he says about grain.  He's not the only one who demonizes grain, but I still don't agree.  Grain is food!  I don't eat grain right now because it could upset progress of the GAPS diet; but on the GAPS diet I can't eat potatoes, bananas or squash either because they are all starchy and starchy foods are a no-no until the gut is healed.  Nonetheless, bananas, potatoes, squash AND grain are all foods.  I will agree, however, that as long as one has leaky gut, grain should be completely avoided.

I've tried Dr. Merxola's probiotics as well.  I prefer the Natren Healthy Trinity, but I know of people who swear by Mercola's.  Try different brands until you find the one that sings to your belly.


No comments:

Post a Comment