Friday, August 2, 2013

Sunshine Helps Protect Your Health | Vitamin D Benefits

I believe EVERY health practitioner that I've seen in the past two years have urged me to be in the sun everyday whenever possible.  Vitamin D is very, very important for immune health and strength.  Your pineal gland and thyroid will also thank you kindly for the exposure to light.

When I first moved to the state of Colorado from California, my new doctor had an immediate concern because of the great reduction in sunshine that I would be receiving.  He gave me vitamin D3 drops to take.  Verbally, the reason he gave was that it reduces my chances of getting breast cancer; on paper he revealed that it was to also fight the cold that I was coming down with and for future flu prevention.

Dr. Mercola goes on and on about the importance of getting sun.  There is a reason for that.  Every doctor who knows about disease prevention (REAL disease prevention; not meaning this nonsense of receiving flu shot after flu shot), knows that among many of our natural defenders vitamin D is high on the charts.

Sunshine Helps Protect Your Health | Vitamin D Benefits

2 comments:

  1. I take 4000 units of vitamin D along with calcium 1000 mg and other vitamins. I happy to hear that doctors are finally making their patients realize the importance of vitamin D. It is about time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree! I used to take about 6000 iu of vitamin D3 until my doc told me to raise it to about 10,000. I have too much calcium in my blood and one problem is that I'm not getting enough vitamin D.

    ReplyDelete