Wednesday, August 7, 2013

August's Book: Superfoods: Food and Medicine of the Future





No, I haven't gone raw foodie here.  I still cook, and I also eat meat.  I admit, however, that David Wolfe is on to something with raw food diets.

Whether one is a raw foodie or not, there is much that one can learn from a man like David Wolfe.  There are MANY healing protocols that use raw food as a foundation of therapy.  This includes protocols for AIDS, cancer and heart disease.  There is so much that I've posted about why it isn't a good idea for people to be on raw food diets permanently and there are several doctors like Dr. Mercola who talked about why they don't recommend it.  Even though I happen to agree with that, I  also know there is another side to this story and I wanted to post that side; especially since there are many who believe in it so passionately.  Besides, I can't say that I blame those of you who do; I can actually relate in a way.  When I gave up meat years ago, my energy skyrocketed.  I didn't ever want to lose that so I stayed away from meat for almost 10 years.  When you find a diet that actually heals you and makes you feel good, you tend to stick to it for years if not for life.  This is why I refuse to impose my beliefs about eating meat upon others; rather, I would encourage ALL to listen to their bodies and if it screams for raw food and nothing else... GO FOR IT!

So to all of my raw foodie readers, I hear you, and I dedicate this month to you!








No comments:

Post a Comment