Thursday, August 8, 2013

David Wolfe: Best Raw Food Diet

Those of you who are curious about raw foods, Wolfe talks about what his diet looks like in this video.  He also touches on tips for those who are starting a raw food diet.

I like his points about green foods.  I'm in a phase of my GAPS diet where I can eat very few raw foods, but I look forward to the day when I can have some of my favorite raw greens again.  I LOOOVE kale, arugula, dandelion, chard (of ALL kinds) and romaine lettuce.  Kale is something that I can easily binge on.  I love it raw, steamed, fried, cultured or juiced; it's good no matter what I do with it.  If I had to eat kale raw and no other way, it wouldn't make me unhappy or dissatisfied.

I don't believe I will ever go completely raw, however, Wolfe does inspire me to eat MORE raw foods.  I certainly love raw recipes.  I actually make delicious GAPS friendly candies out of raw sesame seeds that are great for hormone balance.  I miss making salads though.  At least I am at a point in my diet where I can eat sauerkraut again.  Hopefully soon, I can get back to scarfing down my favorite raw veggies and fruit.

For those of you who can enjoy those foods now, here's more on what Wolfe has to say about raw food.


No comments:

Post a Comment