Sunday, August 11, 2013

Green Foods






Among the most powerful kinds of foods are green foods; kale, chard, spinach, arugula, parsley and I could go on naming more and more of my favorites.  The ones that I've named are greens that I used to juice regularly.

Greens are amazing detoxifies.  Doctors give green supplements to patients to help them to detox their bodies when ill.  Dr. Gary Null told PBS a story about his premature gray hair.  He used a large variety of greens to "flood" his system with chlorophyll.  The man now has a gorgeous head of hair where grays aren't easily found... if there are any grays left! 

Alkalinity is another important property of greens.  My doctor gave me a green supplement because my GAPS diet involves many acidic foods.  When I feel that my system is too acidic, I would drink some of the green powder she gave me.  Two doses a day was all that I needed.  Once my body is strong enough to digest insoluble fibers, I can eat my favorite green dishes again.

Let's not forget all of the other nutrients in greens.  Greens have almost every vitamin plus other vital nutrients like magnesium and potassium plus two that were particularly important to me when I suffered fatigue; calcium and iron.  

In a raw food pyramid greens are on the bottom.  As you know, food at the bottom of a food pyramid means HEAPING servings of a variety of these food choices.  With everything that greens have to offer, it's no wonder David Wolfe made greens #1 in his diet.



No comments:

Post a Comment